Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My Colorful Midwinter Break

This midwinter break was a really crazy I guess transformation? Because my family and I decided to paint and remodel the whole apartment. And it took us most of the break; Monday through Friday. We thew many things away like cabinets, shelves, bookcases. Although it was difficult to throw a lot of our furniture, the post after modeling was a relief because the apartment looked fresh, new and more spacious.

The hardest part of this experience was deciding the colors for each room. I wanted purple or lilac for my sister's and I room however, she disapproved and said no I want blue and so we argued for a little while and finally I gave up and agreed to have a specific blue that both of us would like. Deciding for the living room was also challenging but fun. Overall, the whole process was really tedious and somewhat annoying.

Everyday during the painting days it was really hard for me to do my homework because all my stuff was packed in boxes that were on top of other boxes. So I started my homework on a friday night where we started to move things back to where they were.

While a close friend of the family was painting I was stuck babysitting our close family friend's son who was a bit of annoying he is one of those kids where you have to keep him busy all the time or else he gets bored and starts throwing temper tantrums. Although I love babies and children, I particularly did not like this one.

One day we would take him to the natural history museum with my sister, aunts and cousins which was really fun because i didn't really need to take care of him as often as I had to do when I was at home. It was also fun to look at all the cool exhibits in the museum.

Well that was all, that's what I did during my midwinter break.

Painting in Process:




Finished Product:
       
                                                             TV Room/ Chillaxing Room

                                                                 Dining Room

Living Room 

My Sister's and I's room 

                                                                       Parent's Room




Natural History Museum Pictures: 




THANKS FOR READING! 






No comments:

Post a Comment