Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hamlet Book Cover Designs

One of my favorite books of all time is Hamlet from William Shakespeare just because Shakespeare's plots were just out of the ordinary. I read Hamlet for Dramatic Literature last year in 2014 of the winter season and I received the book with the cover that looked like this:




If I were at a library and was a human being who was not interested in shakespeare at all, I would honestly not pick up this book at all just because of the simplicity it has. Although we are not supposed to not "judge a book by its cover" we constantly judge it by its cover because our eyes are attracted by color, absurdity, and its mysteriousness. 

As I was surfing through the internet I came across an alternative cover that looked like this: 



Now this cover will catch my eye because it would catch my eyes. I love the mysteriousness in this book cover. It also hints the ending which is obviously a tragedy. When I see this book I would think of death, tragedy, killing, and blood, and maybe revenge. Although the color may not seem eye popping it seems like it has a specific theme which I look forward to in a book cover and just a book in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment