Monday, March 16, 2015

5 Awesome Book Covers

Here I have chosen 5 book covers that I find interesting and unique:


This book caught my eye easily because of the 3D-ish lollipop popping out of the book. And when I read the title it hooked me more because I would never correlate crime with a red lollipop. I also like the designers choice with the different fonts for the cover. For example, the title and the author have different fonts however the size is really similar. However, the focal point of the book is the red lollipop slammed right in the middle of the cover then your eyes will glance to the title and the author and lastly the quote on the right. 




This is another book cover I like because I love the bright color spread across the page. The color really represents the theme and the title. The font of the title and the author also seems garden like. The alignment as well as the interesting font of the author's name really fits in with the theme and comparing to the lollipop cover the size of the author's name is small it makes it seem hidden which is one of the reasons I don't like it because I think it should be a bit bigger. However, I was really draw to this book because of  the cool vines and nature around the book and the name and the font of the title makes it even more engaging. 



This book cover my first reaction was like "why is there a bed in the middle of nowhere?" and "why is the mattress floating". Looking at this book just arose many many question like "I wonder what this book is about?" or "is it about sleeping or dreams or getting lost in your dreams?" What I find interesting was the the vertical alignment of the words on the cover. The words looked as if it was floating in the sky. I also love the color choice and the reality looking cover. The green grass and sky blue sky catches my eye instantly. 



This book's focal point was definitely the egg with the crack on it because it just seemed really weird how an egg is on the cover it also rises many questions and leaded me to predictions of what the book is about or even the title name (before looking at the title of course). I also like the color choice of both the title and the author's name. Yellow is a great color to make words pop up if the background is a deep dark color of course. I also find the choice of alignment interesting I wonder if it would be different if the title and author's name were vertical. The focal point would probably change to the yellow letter bubbles. 



I thought this has an strange, unusual, but interesting title and the choice of image they put for the background. When I hear the word porcupine I would think sharp and pointy-like just because I think of porcupine the actual animal. I also like how the title is arranged such as the different color for the "I" and how the letters are all capitalized including the author's name. The pink "I" is the only real color they have since black and gray are really shades. It makes the pink really stand out throughout almost the whole cover. I still find curious on why the designer placed a smooth body with a hand on it, to me representing smoothness and not rough pointy-likeness. 








4 comments:

  1. My favorite book cover is the last book cover you chose, mainly due to the font size of the blurb. Compared to other books I've seen, this particular book cover look much more modern and edgy. Everything is very orderly and angular which makes me wonder if the book itself is very different as well. Although I don't focus on the pink/red like you do, like you, I still find this cover very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the secret garden's book cover because it is very attractive and colorful. The design such as flower, grass connects to the title as well as the font.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one with the cracked egg! I didn't see that one. I like how the yellow around the lettering contrasts the black and white of the rest of the book cover (and I also like eggs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the third book cover because the concept of having a bed in nature is really nice and peaceful and also very interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete