Friday, October 3, 2014

My Playwriting Inspiration

As I have told you before in my posts about my interests of playwriting one of my inspirations is William Shakespeare plays: Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Midsummer's Night Dream, and Othello. Those are just my favorites.


My favorite quotes are: 

"Everyone has their fate and the more people try to avoid it, the more trouble they get into." (Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet)

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar, But never doubt I love..." (Shakespeare, Hamlet)  




I was inspired by Shakespeare since 8th grade, however I started my passion of playwriting in ninth grade. Due to my playwriting program called 3Thursdays which is an amazing program where you have the freedom to write about anything. And after I finish writing they performed it with professional actors.

One of my favorite plays I wrote was inspired by Shakespeare because I based it off of Romeo and Juliet but its more of a modern version due to the different religion of Christianity and Islam. However, I also incorporated more modern themes and social issues.

One of the reasons why Shakespeare inspire me is because I realize his work is so popular and so unique in different ways that its really interesting to try to recreate a play where it can be based off his idea. However when using his ideas you try to go on other paths because you can alter plays however you like. Which is one of the reason why I love writing in general especially playwriting.

The reason playwriting is the right style of writing for me is because I love how the formatting can be varied in different ways such as the Shakespeare how the character's name is on the left side or how its formatted now; character's name written in the center of a line.

Shakespeare's plays are always inspiring to so many different people, and its all awe-inspiring in many ways like how I started to incorporate similar ideas to my play. Or just how unique and tragic his plays usually are which is why I love Shakespeare' outstanding themes, ideas, and plots.



No comments:

Post a Comment